PHP Classes

Call to undefined function: imagettfbbox()

Recommend this page to a friend!

ATextImage  >  All threads  >  Call to undefined function:...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Call to undefined function:...
Summary:How can I fix this problem?
Author:Lihat Ervin
Date:2005-11-04 12:05:22
Update:2006-02-09 13:58:51

1 - 10   11 - 11  

1. Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lihat Ervin Lihat Ervin - 2005-11-04 12:05:22
I've downloaded this class and i recieve the following error when I use it:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagettfbbox() in ..... on line 179. Please help me :|

Erwyn

2. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of George Clarke George Clarke - 2005-11-05 22:18:15 - In reply to message 1 from Lihat Ervin
The only two things I can think of that could cause this is if your version of PHP is 3.0.0 or less. Also, if you do not have the GD library of image functions installed on your server this class will not work. Make a new short script to see if you have the GD library:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

This will tell you everything that the version of PHP you are using has available.
I hope this helps.
George Clarke

3. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lihat Ervin Lihat Ervin - 2005-11-06 10:24:46 - In reply to message 2 from George Clarke
First of all, thanks for the help.

I have PHP v 5.0.3, so I think i do not have the GD library installed. I've never used it. I don't know how to install it, but i'll search for it on Google :D .

If i will not find the way to install it, maybe i'll be forced to ask for your help again :) .

thanks again, Erwyn from Romania

4. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of George Clarke George Clarke - 2005-11-06 18:52:32 - In reply to message 3 from Lihat Ervin
Greetings Erwyn,
It is not hard to install the GD library on your server. You can download the zip file from this website:
http://www.boutell.com/gd/
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Download .zip" or the "Download .tar .gz" link. Then uncompress into a temporary directory and run the INSTALL file. Also in the php.ini file, the php_gd2.dll file needs to be listed in the Dynamic Extensions section.
The class should work after doing these things. Let me know how it goes.
George Clarke
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

5. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lihat Ervin Lihat Ervin - 2005-11-09 18:44:55 - In reply to message 4 from George Clarke
Thanks for the help again. I've downloaded the gd directory, but i can't run the install file, becouse it hasn't any format. I mean it isn't install.exe, it's just install . What do I need to do?

Ervin

6. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lihat Ervin Lihat Ervin - 2005-11-09 18:44:58 - In reply to message 4 from George Clarke
Thanks for the help again. I've downloaded the gd directory, but i can't run the install file, becouse it hasn't any format. I mean it isn't install.exe, it's just install . What do I need to do?

Ervin

7. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of George Clarke George Clarke - 2005-11-09 20:21:37 - In reply to message 6 from Lihat Ervin
Ervin,
First of all, I must appologize. It has been a while since I got my webserver running and I had forgotten just how I got the GD to work. If you go to this webpage, it explains how to get it working with Windows. Scroll down to the question: How do I get gd to work with PHP? Basically, in the php config.ini file, find the line in the Dynamic Extensions section that says ;extension=php_gd2.dll and remove the ";" to uncomment the line. (it may be "#") Anyway, I believe it should work after that. The php_gd2.dll file is included in the zip file you downloaded to get PHP.
I hope this helps and you get it working ok. Let me know, ok?
George Clarke

8. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of George Clarke George Clarke - 2005-11-10 00:20:07 - In reply to message 7 from George Clarke
In my last reply, I forgot to put the link. It is: http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html
This is the page that tells about how to get the GD library to work with PHP.
George

9. Re: Call to undefined function:...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lihat Ervin Lihat Ervin - 2005-11-10 07:46:20 - In reply to message 8 from George Clarke
Well, the situation is the following:
I have set the extension_dir = <b>to</b> "c:/php/extensions" and i've deleted the ";" from the front off extention... gd2.dll. I also have the php_gd2.php in the c:/php/extensions directory.

The result: the gd directory is not working yet.

Ervin

PS: I know it's my fault this problem, becouse I feel that i haven't do everything OK. :)

10. Re: textonimage class   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of sami reddy sami reddy - 2006-02-07 15:15:10 - In reply to message 2 from George Clarke
Mr.Clarke
Can i put the text on image class(php) in the cgi(perl) page because i already have form in cgi so i just need to put the text on image class in between the cgi script.

and will it work.

samarjit chavan
samarchavan@yahoo.com

1 - 10   11 - 11