|Last Updated|| ||Ratings|| ||Unique User Downloads|| ||Download Rankings|
|2020-05-15 (13 days ago) ||Not yet rated by the users||Total: 37 This week: 14||All time: 9,853 This week: 21|
This package can be used as an API documentation generator for README files.
It can scan a given directory to find class files or check a given class file to extract documentation about the class functions and variables.
The package can generate a new README file from a template file in Markdown format and returns it as a string.
Optionally it can restrict the generated documentation to a given list of class functions.
[//]: # (AUTO-GENERATED BY "PHP README Helper": base file -> docs/base.md)
? PHP README Helper
Helper to auto-generate the API documentation in your README file.
$readmeGenerator = new \voku\PhpReadmeHelper\GenerateApi();
$readmeText = ($readmeGenerator)->generate(
__DIR__ . '/../src/voku/PhpReadmeHelper/GenerateApi.php',
__DIR__ . '/docs/base.md'
file_put_contents(__DIR__ . '/../README.md', $readmeText);
generate(string $codePath, string $baseDocFilePath, string|null $useClasses): string
This method can generate API documentation with types from php code into your README file.
string $codePath <p>Path to a file or a directory.</p>
string $baseDocFilePath <p>Path to your base file for the README.</p>
array<array-key, string>|null $useClasses <p>If used, you can specify to classes, you will use.</p>
string <p>Return a string with the generated README.</p>
For support and donations please visit Github | Issues | PayPal | Patreon.
For status updates and release announcements please visit Releases | Twitter | Patreon.
For professional support please contact me.
- Thanks to GitHub (Microsoft) for hosting the code and a good infrastructure including Issues-Managment, etc.
- Thanks to IntelliJ as they make the best IDEs for PHP and they gave me an open source license for PhpStorm!
- Thanks to Travis CI for being the most awesome, easiest continous integration tool out there!
- Thanks to StyleCI for the simple but powerfull code style check.
- Thanks to PHPStan && Psalm for really great Static analysis tools and for discover bugs in the code!
||Applications that use this package
No pages of applications that use this class were specified.
If you know an application of this package, send a message to the author to add a link here.